KS3 (Years 7, 8 and 9)
In the Information Technology Department we help students develop their skills in using computers and other electronic devices that are used in the world around them.
Our aim is to develop students who:
- Are confident in using Computers
- Can use a wide variety of software packages
- Develop skills that are valued by employers and colleges
- Are responsible with their use of ICT
- Understand how to be safe Online
Students follow a varied programme of study in which they access industry standard software and experience new advances in technology. This is designed to help them acquire a wide range of skills and techniques which can be applied in different environments.
In Key Stage 3, students follow a computing based curriculum, preparing them for the onset of Computer Science. Our programme of study includes:
- History of Computing
- Game Development
- Animation & Image editing
- Office Software
- 3D Modelling & Printing
- Web Page Design
At Rowhill School we are committed to raising awareness of Online Safety and E-Safety.
If you would like to find out more please check these links